Sunday 3 March 2013

This week in Born 3rd March 2013

Miranda Kerr breastfeeding baby Flynn

Been a while since I wrote, I always think not much has happened but then when I think about it, loads has.

Inspiring the next generation of mothers

Maya, my 15 year old, found this book called 'Treasure Yourself' by Miranda Kerr, which I have also been enjoying reading.  If you are also a mother to a teenage girl, you too may  look around for inspiring young women to whom your daughter can relate.  Miranda released pictures of herself breastfeeding her baby Flynn, which makes her a lovely positive role model in my book.

Film Screenings

We've got two screenings scheduled; the first one on March 20th is a film by Kate Jangra called Babyhood, and then on the 27th of May we are screening a film made at a conference held by the Holistic Childbirth Trust about 10 years ago. Ina May Gaskin (author of Spiritual Midwifery) came over for the conference; she brought with her a part of her quilt, which she showed to us.  Each patch represents a woman who dies as a result of childbirth in the USA from complications that arose from interventions. I can still remember how sad it was seeing this and knowing that those mothers would still be here for their children had they had different choices. You can watch the trailers and buy tickets here.

New Season's Clothing

Both spring summer collections from Noa Noa Miniture Baby and Imps + Elfs have arrived.  Now that March is here let's hope that Spring will soon come as there are lots of gorgeous clothes in both these collections.

Hypnosis for Childbirth

Next week we will be releasing FREE of charge Hypnosis for Childbirth recordings from Tracy Holloway.  So exicited to be offering these. My only regret is not knowing about these for my 2 births.  I've had such great testimonials from women who have used Tracy's recordings or attended classes (Katrina Berry runs them in our Stoke Newington store), that I know that hypnosis makes a difference.  The mind/body connection cannot be ignored. We will announce on Facebook as soon as they are ready.

~Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment