Tuesday 22 January 2013

20 January 2013

A little late with this weeks 'what's been happening' blog as we had stock take in Bristol this weekend and I just didn't have the time until now.

There has been a lot of illness around. Maya has been of school with a flu like bug, something similar to what I had after Christmas.  Extra doses of vitamin C all around!

On Wednesday I met with my Mastermind ladies; Dom, Amanda, Julianna, April and Suzanne. Dom and Amanda's training looks fab, I would love to do it but just don't have the time.



Steve Biddulph was at the Colston Hall talking about 'Raising Girls' also the title of his new book.  It was a very interesting evening and one I will write a more in-depth blog about when his books arrive tomorrow.

With the snow arriving last Friday it reminded me of a saying: 'Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance'. I used to hate walking in the snow and hated walking on the ice even more. My whole body would tense up from the fear of falling over.  But then I found Yaktrax and wearing them over my wellies has transformed the way I feel about walking on the snow and ice.  I've bought a job lot for the girls in the shops to help them feel safe too! Why I mention this is because so many things are inevitable (like it snowing in winter) but with preparation and the right gear they don't have to be a stress. I kind of think that's what Born does for our customers, we help you to prepare so that you don't have to stress over 'have I got the right thing' or 'how can I get help with x' (where x is breastfeeding, sleep, home birth, Doulas, back ache, vaccinations, gear etc etc).  If I knew what I knew now, before I had my babies, life would have been a lot less stressful. Wish I'd had a Born to ask for advice then!

No comments:

Post a Comment